- Wexler, N. (2019). The knowledge gap: The hidden cause of America’s broken education system-and how to fix it. Avery.
- Asian/American Scholars of Education: 21st Century Pedagogies, Perspectives, and Experiences Edited By Nicholas D. Hartlep, Amardeep K. Kahlon and Daisy Ball ISBN:978-1-4331-5665-6 DOI: https://doi.org/10.3726/b13539
- What Makes a Star Teacher: 7 Dispositions That Support Student Learning by Valerie Hill-Jackson, Nicholas D. Hartlep, and Delia Stafford (2019, ASCD) ISBN: 978-1-4166-2660-2
- Racial Battle Fatigue in Faculty Perspectives and Lessons from Higher Education, 1st Edition Edited by Nicholas D. Hartlep, Daisy Ball (2020, Routledge) LINK: https://www.routledge.com/Racial-Battle-Fatigue-in-Faculty-Perspectives-and-Lessons-from-Higher/Hartlep-Ball/p/book/9780367149383
- Steps to Schoolwide Success: Systemic Practices for Connecting Social-Emotional and Academic Learning