|Read a Post|
|Reply to this Post|
Interest in collaborating on a presentation @ SITE 05 on this topic?
|Posted By: Andrew Topper on August 2, 2004|
|I have posted here in the past and I am considering submitting a proposal to the Society for Information Technology in Teacher Education (SITE) conference next year (2005). I thought I'd post an invitation here for anyone who would be interested in working together on a symposium or roundtable session. |
The premise for such a presentation would be to share our collective experiences with teaching online, especially focused on use of discussion boards (and other asynchronous forms of communication) for instruction. I will volunteer to chair the session, put together some basic information for submission, and coordinate ideas if there is sufficient interest. Based on the discussion that's taken place here over the past few years, I'd expect there might be folks who would be interested in being part of such a presentation. If nothing else, we can all get a chance to share our stories and learn from each others' work.
FYI: SITE 2005 will be held in Phoenix, Arizona, March 1-5, 2005. Information on the conference can be found online at: http://www.aace.org/conf/site/default.htm
I've presented at SITE in the past and consider it to be a thoughtful and supportive forum for sharing experiences and ideas in this domain. Feel free to reply to this message if you are interested or email me at the address below.
| Effective discussion boards in online education by Janet Smith on June 24, 2003|
- Thoughts or articles by Cecil McManus on July 2, 2003
- Discussion Board by Robyn Harding on July 14, 2003
- Re: Effective discussion boards in online education by Andrew Topper on August 6, 2003
- Online Education by Leilani Carbonell Pedroni on August 6, 2003
- good article by Wanda Nitsch on August 14, 2003
- design of instructional discussion boards by Kathleen Roberts on August 26, 2003
- Still more articles on this topic! by Andrew Topper on August 29, 2003
- Some comments on this topic - based on my experiences by Andrew Topper on August 30, 2003
- online discussion boards by Susan Schroeder on September 3, 2003
- Interest in collaborating on a presentation @ SITE 05 on this topic? by Andrew Topper on August 2, 2004