|Read a Post|
|Reply to this Post|
|Posted By: Suzy Darlink on November 5, 2003|
Great stuff going on in your school.
We have a very similar approach in our Arts and Technology departments. Have 'made up' have a new term for these for our team.
Collaborative Cyclic Learning Modules.
Collaborative: Meaning we work on a unit of work together re overview, timetabling, overall motivation brainstorming and evaluation. We also have our own specific unit plans.
Cyclic: Students revolve around to explore all the learning opportunities avaliable.
Learning: Takes place in each area through problem based learning approaches. Multiple student outcomes are an expectation in all areas of learning.
Module: We have a defined theme and time span, a block of time.
None of the 'correct terms' seemed to fit and this mixture 'tells it like it is' easily understood by all stakeholders and parents.
This type of learning involves much prepatory input, however I have yet to experience any teaching situation so envigorating for both students and all staff. Often teachers stay on much longer after school than they would normally talking together about students, incidents, highlights and concerns. It is the sense of special comradship that comes to the fore that makes it so very valuable.Well worth that extra mile in my opinion.
(On a fantastic year of scholarship)
| teaching the curriculum differently by sean mcglennon on September 10, 2003|
- teaching the curriculum differently by Rhonda Johnson on September 19, 2003
- teaching the curriculum differently by Sue McGregor on October 21, 2003
- Teaching the Curriculum Differently by Jennifer Allen on October 21, 2003
- teaching the curriculum differently by Melinda Vargo on October 24, 2003
- integrated thematic instruction by GENEVIEVE KIRCHMAN on October 24, 2003
- Integrating the curriculum by Ruth Radford on October 30, 2003
- Teaching the Curriculum Differently by Patti Sandy on October 30, 2003
- integrated learning not teaching by David Wolsk on October 31, 2003
- teaching the curriculum differently by Lynne Feldman on October 31, 2003
- Integrate Across the Curriculum by charlotte thompson on November 1, 2003
- graduate qualification by William Hunter on November 2, 2003
- C.C.L.M. by Suzy Darlink on November 5, 2003
- teaching the curriculum differently by Irene Ross on November 5, 2003
- teaching the cirriculum differently by Louise Davies on November 5, 2003
- Integrated Curriculum by Marion Brady on November 6, 2003
- teaching the curriculum differently by Frank Champine on November 20, 2003
- Teaching Curriculum: UNIT STUDIES by D. Kriss on December 11, 2003
- Integrated Learning - across the Atlantic by Warren Liew on December 13, 2003
- integrated teaching across the school by Jodi Bailey on December 18, 2003
- Teaching the curriculum differently by Boateng Evelyn on December 31, 2003