The Reading Rockets project is a national initiative that disseminates research-based information helping children learn to read. The project includes:
1. A five-part PBS television series called Reading Rockets: Launching Young Readers.
2. A one-hour documentary for public television called A Tale of Two Schools.
3. An extensive web site that is updated daily.
4. A national outreach campaign in partnership with some of the country's foremost education associations.
5. A new mentoring project called "First Year Teacher."
6. A teleconference series for teacher professional development.
7. Print guides for viewers, educators, and families.